When facing life’s difficulties, talking to someone nice is not good enough. The clinician needs to be both effective and compassionate.
Northern Beaches Psychologist offers evidence-based services to individuals, families, groups, and referring health-care providers, attorneys, and care-managers.
Evidence-based psychological services combine sound, scientific research on psychological functioning with well-tested assessment and treatment approaches.
Northern Beaches Psychologists are highly published scientists and experienced, empathic psychologists who practice behavior therapy, which has powerful scientific support and is based on what psychologists know about human learning, thinking, emotions, and social interactions. They are teachers and tool-givers, providing persons of all ages with new and renewed skills for managing stressful circumstances with enhanced serenity and efficacy.
Specializations of Northern Beaches Psychologist
- Individual, family, and group psychotherapy.
- Mood and anxiety disorders.
- Parent education; managing behavior disorders in children and adolescents.
- Pain, stress, and medical symptom management.
- Meditation, hypnosis, and cognitive restructuring.
- Behavioral treatments for eating disorders, weight management, smoking cessation, and body dissatisfaction.
- Family, relationship, sexual, and intimacy difficulties.
- Caregiver stress.
- Grief, loss, and trauma counseling.
- Developmental (life-span) changes; improving social support and skills.
- Workers Compensation evaluations.
- Evaluating readiness for elective surgeries.
- Psychological testing for intellectual abilities and personality adjustment.
- Supportive counseling for lesbian, gay, and bisexual persons.
- Continuing education for psychologists, mental health counselors, and social workers.